Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So, 2009, and all that Jazz

You know what I love about New Years? I feel like it is a total fresh slate and we get to start all over. Isn't that strange though? Tomorrow morning I will not wake up not knowing what I did today. If I was an awful person today, I will likely be an awful person tomorrow. I am reminded though of a Quote from one of my all-time favorite mini-series. It is Anne of Green Gables. Strangely enough, I have never read all the books. Can that be a resolution? Anyway, Marilla and Anne are speaking about one of Anne's many mistakes and Marilla says "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." How great is that. Even on your worst day, there is still tomorrow and tomorrow can be great. AMEN! So, that applies to the New Year too. 2009, here I come!
So I guess when it comes to my resolutions here goes:

1) I am going to *try* to read all of the "Anne" books. I know that my mom had the entire series all of my life and I walked by them nearly every day without giving them a second thought. Literally- they were on a bookshelf next to our bedroom door. I never got past book #2, so this year, I will try. I will NOT, however, try to read Pride and Prejudice again- sorry Tara Jean, I just cannot do it!

2) I am going to strive to be a better Mom, Wife, and person in general. I will limit my computer time but not limit the time I spend playing with Kyle. Dishes be damned! I will hold Larabee's hand more often just so he knows I love that he is there beside me. I will not yell at stupid people on the road, even if they are not good drivers who are risking my life and my child's just by being on the road. I don't believe in flipping people off to begin with, so I don't need to stop doing that, I just need to stop doing it mentally. Yes, I admit, I think dirty thoughts-well, OK mean thoughts, but dirty ones too ;)

3) I will play with my dogs more. I have two now and they need to be played with more. The darlings, all they want is attention and love- which they do get, don't get me wrong- but I will strive to give them more. Even if that means being in the middle of a rope tug of war, with one in each hand because they refuse to play tug of war with each other.

4) I will be more organized. I do pretty well, but some things always slip through the cracks. Like washing the sheets. Gross, i know. I did write it on the calender though so that i would not have an excuse next week. Ha! I am already doing better! I will update you in a week to let you know if I stuck by that resolution LOL

5) I will quit saying I will do things only to put them off. Instead I will just do them. I need to be more accountable to myself. If I don't take care of the things that I am supposed to in a timely manner than I will have to go to bed. For the rest of the day. While Kyle is at Grandma's. Oh wait, that isn't punishment. Dang it!

OK, well, that is 5. I am sure there are more things I could work on but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Besides, all I really want to do is be a better person and learn and grow (not in size, but in spirit- unless I get pregnant, than size is OK too). Last year was nowhere close to perfect, so I hope that this year will sort of give us a break. Last year was wonderful too, so I hope that this year will be more wonderful! Do I ask too much? Luck is when preparation meets opportunity so hopefully we have some of that this year! And hopefully you all do to! Happy New Year everyone!